WE EXPECT YOU TO REVIEW THESE INSTRUCTIONS
WITH YOUR FAMILY OR PARTY UPON ARRIVAL.
If you face IMMEDIATE LIFE-THREATENING DANGER
first GET TO A SAFE LOCATION
then call 9-1-1
After that, please call the rental office at 884-9601.
- Coasting Home staff knows you are in this rental home. If you are not in immediate danger (see above) please do not call our office. As we work our way through our disaster response plan, we will be contacting you by phone or in person as soon as it is possible to do so.
- If you are in a Sea Ranch home, you may be directed by local disaster response personnel. Please comply with any instructions given. Sea Ranch has an extensive plan in place with localized divisions and locations for shelters, etc.
- Before doing anything else, please gather all members of your family or party in one place. Attend to any first-aid needs. Go over all your provisions to determine what you have and discuss how it should be used or rationed. If water will be in short supply remember alternative sources such as the water heater. If you can, fill some extra containers from the tap to hold in reserve. Gather flash lights, blankets, protection you may need from weather, etc. Water from hot tubs can be used to flush toilets.
- Unless there is clearly an active leak, please do not turn off the valve on the propane tank.
- To the extent possible, please keep all phone lines clear. You should call ONE contact out of the area, and ask that person to make other phone calls to family or work associates regarding your location and condition. If you cannot get a call out, there may be local communications assistance available once the scope of the situation has been assessed.
- Please stay in or at your rental home until we contact you. If you must leave for any reason, or decide to self-evacuate, please post a notice on the front door or where it can be easily seen telling us where you went and when or whether you will return.
- In general, please stay off the roads to keep them clear for emergency traffic.
- If you are directed to evacuate by emergency personnel, follow their instructions carefully and calmly.
- Please post the notice you will find in the hom in a prominent window so emergency crews can either pass by (“OK”) or provide assistance if needed (“HELP”).
- If you are a medical professional or a trained responder and can offer assistance, kindly place the blue sign in the window, and/or inform those who may come to check on you.
- We appreciate your cooperation and patience. We will do our very best to serve you, but our region has limited resources and they will be allocated according to prioritized need. Rest assured that there are several groups prepared to respond, including medical professionals, Red Cross trainees, fire departments, amateur radio operators, and neighborhood Certified Emergency Response Teams.