Amenities & Expectations
Pack, Prepare, and Travel
What should I bring?
Your home is already supplied with
- Sufficient sheets, towels, pillows and blankets for the usual number of guests
- Dish detergent, laundry soap, toilet paper, paper towels, aluminum foil
- Some condiments and spices may be there, but we don't monitor these supplies
- Dishes, pots, pans, coffee maker, toaster, and (usually) a blender
- Cable or satellite TV, VCR and/or DVD, CD player and/or MP3 player in some homes
- Firewood (or pellets) and fire starters
You might want to bring along
- Extra towels if you have full occupancy, AND for beach, pool or spa use
- Any special spices, and cooking pans or utensils, if you plan to prepare a unique dish
- Charcoal for BBQ if applicable (propane is supplied for gas grills)
- High chair, playpen, port-a-crib, safety gate, etc.
- Small pool toys/equipment like goggles, fins, or kid's floaters (pool access is for Sea Ranch renters only)
You should definitely bring along
- Flashlight with fresh batteries (it gets REALLY dark up here)
- Road map for surrounding areas, which you have at least reviewed a bit--GPS/nav systems are NOT always available or accurate here
- Jackets or sweatshirts for the cool nights and mornings
- Weather-appropriate gear (rain coats, boots, sun visor, etc.)
- Sense of adventure and excitement, and openness to something new!
You should leave behind
- Work, worry and pressure
- All pre-conceived expectations...it's always a bit different here than you thought it would be!
Check In and Check Out
What if we are checking in after hours?
All arrivals are coordinated in advance with our helpful office staff. You'll go directly to your home. It's easy!
Can I have a late check-out or early arrival?
As long as the schedule allows we can usually accommodate some flexibility on your check-in or check-out times BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT ONLY. Please call our office. 707-884-9601.
Can I leave the keys at the house when I check out?
You will depart directly from the house. Check out via our app, or call us to announce your departure, then secure the house normally.
What if I realize I left something at the rental house after we check out?
We will gladly try to recover your lost item and ship it back to you for a $10 handling fee plus the cost of shipping. However, we cannot be responsible for any items left behind.
» back to top
House and Guest Rules
What is your cancellation policy?
As written in our rental agreement:
CANCELLATIONS/MOVING TO A DIFFERENT HOUSE UPON ARRIVAL
With at least fourteen days’ notice of a cancellation (30 days for Christmas and New Year's) , we will refund your deposit LESS a $20 cancellation fee. If you cancel your reservation with less than 14 days’ (or 30 days) notice prior to your arrival date, your deposit will be forfeited. With early departure, or cancellation of any of the reserved dates with less than fourteen days’ notice, your deposit will be forfeited, and you will be charged for one-half the cancelled rent amount. If you wish to move to a house other than the one you booked, your initial deposit will be forfeited, and we will require an additional deposit be made on the new house. An additional $50 reservation fee will also be assessed. Should Coasting Home, Inc. initiate cancellation of a reservation or a relocation, these forfeiture terms do not apply.
What we expect of you:
- Respectful use of the house and grounds as if you are a guest of the owner
- Use of a calling, credit card when making long distance calls if house does not provide long distance service (call office for details).
- Close the house according to our check-out instructions ("the Pink Sheet") provided in each rental packet
- Timely notification of any condition that needs repair or attention either during or after your stay
Clean up all personal effects, guided by common sense and courtesy:This is a summary of what you are expected to do prior to final check out. For your convenience a complete checklist is provided in your rental packet. Excessive cleaning of stove tops, ovens, refrigerators, linens or extra amounts of laundry will be charged against your deposit at the rate of $30 per hour. Excessive amounts of garbage will be charged at a rate of $12 per large bag. If our staff has to relocate furnishings or equipment there will be an additional minimum $25 deduction.
- Launder or spot-clean linens/comforters/bedspreads if unusually soiled
- Wipe up spills as they occur
- Blot with a damp towel any spills on rugs or carpets and report them so we can clean promptly.
- Wash and put away all dishes (please don't put away dirty dishes, pots, or pans).
- Take your trash out to the outside cans.
- Turn off all heaters, electric blankets, appliances, etc.
- Set the spa temperature to 90 degrees (or mid-range); return sanitizing floater & thermometer to the water; and be sure the spa cover is secured.
- Be sure your last fire has burned down; DO NOT Start a new fire on your last morning.
- DO NOT remove any ashes from the fireplace or stove during your stay.
- Be sure you haven't missed any personal belongings (check for CD's and DVD's, medicine, clothing, etc).
- Finally, please verify that all windows and doors are completely closed, latched, and locked.
- If you rearranged or relocated ANY furniture or equipment please put it back as you found it.
» back to top